Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

I just never have been a fan of his...i could never warm to him, but he'll not be bothered by what i think of him i imagine..

No? I imagine he's already lost hours of sleep over it.

Originally Posted By: Double-J
Despite what Beckham said about making soccer huge in America, I'm not seeing it. Outside of little kids in competition by parents who came to Little League signups late, high school students, and some college teams and clubs, no one cares about soccer professionally in the US. I don't think David Beckham is going to make a difference.

I don't know about not caring about soccer in general. I mean it's not as popular as other sports, but a lot of my friends, especially people who travel to Europe on a regular basis or are from there, care a whole lot about the sport. However-- no one cares about the MLS. Because those of us who want to see a real match being played watch European or South American leagues. And one star player moving here isn't going to make that much difference to the people who really care.

It'll make a difference to new fans who will jump on the bandwagon, but it'll only be a matter of time before they realize that a soccer player past his prime is not that exciting. I'll probably go to a few games with friends, just for the initial buzz of it, because as it stands, at least it's something going on. But I doubt it's going to rock my world. I'll let you guys know if it does.

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Anyway, they'll take some of the tabloid attention from Paris Hilton.

My fingers are crossed for that! Victoria Beckham is extremely annoying too, though. I don't know if she's at Paris' level, but...

Last edited by Letizia B.; 01/12/07 06:07 PM.