Just a reminder (yea...like the fans need to be reminded ), the 4-hour season premier of 24 begins this Sunday, with 2 hours on Sunday starting at 8 pm/7c, and another 2 hours on Monday at 8 pm/7c.

After last year's blockbuster season, what do Jack Bauer and the rest of the Counter Terrorist Unit have in store for us this season? Here's a re-cap of what went down last season:

From Wikipedia

SPOILER ALERT

Quote:
Major Plots

Much like previous seasons, the season can be divided into several acts:

• Episodes 1-2: Jack Bauer is framed for the murders of former US President David Palmer and ex-CTU agent Michelle Dessler, along with the attempted murder of her husband and fellow ex-CTU agent Tony Almeida.
  • Episodes 3-4: Terrorists, led by James Nathanson, use the above plot as a diversion to take 40 people hostage inside Ontario International Airport in California.
  • Episodes 5-15: Terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, use the above plot as a diversion to steal 20 canisters of Sentox VX1 nerve gas. The gas is deployed at the following locations:
    * Sunrise Hills Shopping Mall (partially successful - leading to 11 deaths)
    * Tyler Memorial Hospital (failed largely because of Curtis Manning)
    * CTU (mostly successful - leading to 56 deaths, including Edgar Stiles)
    * Wilshire Gas Co. (failed - 16 of the remaining 17 canisters were used here, Bierko captured)

• Episodes 16-21: Believing that all the nerve gas was incinerated at the gas company, Jack moves to bring the guilty parties to justice. Through the assistance of Wayne Palmer (David Palmer's brother) and Evelyn Martin (Special Assistant to the First Lady), Jack discovers that President Charles Logan is responsible for the attacks. Unbeknownst to everyone else, there is a secret group of men who monitor and influence the actions of Logan, led by a man known only as Graham. Jack finally obtains a recording that implicates Logan, however it is later corrupted by Miles Papazian at CTU, rendering it useless.
  • Episodes 22-23: Bierko escapes CTU custody, and uses his last nerve gas container to take over a Russian submarine and gain control of twelve multiple-warhead non-nuclear missiles, each one capable of wiping out approximately seven city blocks. After cutting a deal with Christopher Henderson, Jack and Henderson together stop the attack from the submarine, and kill Bierko and his men. During a final standoff, Jack kills Henderson as well.
  • Episodes 23-24: Jack devises a plan with Chloe to implicate President Logan. Jack kidnaps President Logan, and appears to use this as the way to get a confession. Jack fails, but unbeknownst to everyone besides the First Lady, Mike Novick, Jack, and Chloe, this is all a diversion to place a microphone on the President. The First Lady gets Logan to confess to her everything that has happened as Chloe records it. After playing the confession for the Attorney General, the Secret Service and Federal Marshals take Logan into custody.
  • Final Twist: Jack gets captured by the Chinese who have learned he is still alive. They still want him for the death of the Chinese Consul who was killed in Season 4, and presumably, to extract U.S. government and military secrets for the Chinese government. The season ends with Jack being taken away on a Chinese cargo ship, seemingly destined for Shanghai, moving slowly out into the realms of the Pacific Ocean. This is a reference to the end of Season 4, where the Chinese embassy threatens the CTU agent with transport in a Chinese cargo ship and spending the rest of his life in a slave labor camp.

Subplots

• The four people who know Jack faked his death are all assassination targets. David Palmer and Michelle Dessler are killed. Tony Almeida was killed later in the day. Chloe was attacked, but saved by Jack.
  • Jack comes into contact with people who thought he was dead, including his daughter Kim Bauer and former girlfriend Audrey Raines.
  • Jack is twice falsely accused of the murder of David Palmer.
  • Terrorists take hostages at Ontario Airport as a diversion to acquire nerve gas.
  • The terrorists, led by Vladimir Bierko, try to kill the Russian President and his wife.
  • CTU tries to stop Bierko from releasing the nerve gas canisters.
  • Logan's Chief of Staff, Walt Cummings, is revealed to be involved in the conspiracy to kill Palmer and provide the terrorists with nerve gas. He is found dead shortly after of an apparent suicide. Later on in the season, Christopher Henderson admits that he suggested Cummings should be killed and made to look like he committed suicide, under orders from Graham's cabal.
  • A power conflict develops between new CTU director Lynn McGill and Bill Buchanan.
  • McGill's arrogance is his undoing. It results in both the loss of his job and eventually his death.
  • Chloe has to cope with the death of Edgar Stiles. In addition, the man she earlier slept with turns out to be a mole.
  • Jack's attempt to reconnect with Kim is unsuccessful; she wants time before he is in her life again.
  • Tony Almeida is murdered by the man responsible for his wife's death, Christopher Henderson.
  • President Logan signs a treaty of alliance with Russia, which is thought to be the motive behind the day's events.
  • The First Lady attempts to correct the President's perceived mistakes.
  • The seemingly ineffective President Logan is revealed as an orchestrator in the day's events.
  • Chloe, and later Audrey go against their superiors to help Jack, leading to officials from the Department of Homeland Security attempting to use Audrey to their advantage.
  • Homeland Security divides internally when Karen Hayes begins working against her assistant Miles Papazian in order to aid Jack.
  • The Vice President convinces the president to impose martial law on the city of Los Angeles without approval from Congress.
  • Aaron Pierce mysteriously disappears shortly before he was to reveal Logan's involvement to Martha.
  • An unknown group, led by a man named Graham, are revealed to be controlling Logan's actions.
  • The First Lady eventually discovers Logan is responsible for Palmer's death and falls into despair.
  • Audrey copes with the apparent death of her father, Secretary of Defense James Heller, who was later found alive and hospitalized.
  • Logan attempts to use all of his power to prevent Jack from releasing evidence.
  • Logan prepares to commit suicide but gets a reprieve from an unexpected source, Miles Papazian.
  • Vladimir Bierko escapes while being transported from CTU to a regional holding facility.
  • CTU enlists the assistance of Christopher Henderson in order to discover Bierko's next plan.
  • Bierko attempts to unleash an even deadlier weapon, in the form of a Russian submarine armed with warheads.
  • The Chinese, remembering the invasion of their consulate and accidental killing of the Chinese Consul, kidnap and torture Jack Bauer at the end of the season, leaving a cliffhanger for next season.

The big theme they're pushing for season 6 is "Jack Bauer Must Die."

Where will they go with this? It's 24 we're talking about, so God only knows.

One question I've been asking myself for the past few years is "When the hell is Jack gonna say 'enough is enough. I'm done putting my ass on the line. I've lost my wife, my daughter, my best friends. The hell with this!'"

Don Cardi, I know you're looking forward to Sunday just as much as I am. Any thoughts?

Any other 24 fans out there? Please, post your thoughts!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis