Originally posted by Obsessed With The GodFather:
blush I sure agree with you there CW. Michael can cover my body any time eek lol
[Linked Image] You know, I think I better PM Lavinia and tell her what's going on in this thread. She won't want to miss it! wink

And as for that Las Vegas meeting with Moe Green, I too have replayed that one many times. I find that I replay scenes where there is a lot more going on than first meets the eye, and I want to catch all the nuances. This scene with Moe Green certainly fits the bill. Ostensibly, it's about a business deal; but it's also about the gap between Fredo and Michael, Fredo's outsider status with the rest of the family, Michael's developing Don persona, and the perception of the Corleones in the eyes of the big players.

And Alex Rocco's Moe Green is the personification of phoniness. He enters all suave and buddy-buddy; but when Michael starts negotiating, he wastes no time letting loose with the racial slurs and insults. I've watched it at least 10 times, and I was so busy focusing on all the interactions that it has been only in my latest viewings that I noticed just how bad Moe's temper really is. I swear he shoves or hits Fredo in the shoulder before he stalks out.

Apple (over in another thread) thinks I'm seeing things. (Hmm, that makes me wonder if I've watched it too many times to the point where I'm creating extra drama in my own head smile .) Please dontomasso and the rest of you who've watched that scene multiple times, tell me what you see. I need to know if I'm going crazy!