Originally posted by Cristina's Way:
For me, it's the kiss of death Michael gives Fredo on New Year's Eve in Havana. When I first saw that, I had to catch my breath... and when I recovered wink , my mind was asking, "Whoa, what on earth just happened there!!?"

One second, the two are sharing a brotherly hug to usher in the New Year, the next second I didn't know if Fredo was going to be strangled or tossed across the room by his neck. That kiss -- the violence of it, the suddenness, the emotion behind it -- was a shock. I never saw it coming.

I said this just recently in a current thread about this scene, but I have to say it again: [b]That's got to be the BEST SCREEN KISS ever -- and maybe even the most passionate one too.
cool wink

... And it doesn't matter that it's non-romantic and between two men. It really packs a lot of drama. [Linked Image] <--- I couldn't find a "kiss of death" emoticon, so this one was the closest available... even though it makes the kiss seem a lot different than it really is grin .

It's a scene of only a couple of minutes, but it has a ton of stuff going on -- so much so that I HAD to replay it many times so I could catch it all, and then appreciate it all: The way Michael spits out the words, "I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart," keeping his voice low but barely able to contain his hurt and anger. The way Fredo tries to pry Michael's hands away from his neck (and his difficulty in succeeding is just another great touch showing Michael's potential for violence -- and how emotionally agitated he is). The way Fredo skulks away, his posture bowed, while Michael stands straight, staring arrows at Fredo's retreating back. It's such a great scene. [/b]
WOW one of my favourite scences...

Kiss of Death

"Pain has no tendency, in its own right, to proliferate. When it is over, it is over, and the natural sequel is joy."
- C. S. Lewis

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh"
- George Bernard Shaw