The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: The Extended Edition ****
(First Viewing)

Based on the classic novel by CS Lewis. Four London children are sent to a professors country home in order for protection during World War II. There they find a magic wardrobe which leads to a mystical land called Narnia, which is being ruled by an evil witch. To defeat the Witch, they must join forces with Aslan, the lion God of Narnia, and the great battle between good and evil.

I gave this film 4 stars because in the genre of children/family movies, this film is an instant classic. Great set designs and shooting locations along with great CGI work (a lot of CGI work was needed for this film but it wasn't corny or overly done). Tilda Swinton was great as the stone cold, heartless White Witch as was Georgie Henley as innocent little Lucy Pevensie. Nothing of subsequent value made a difference in the 7 extra minutes of added footage. I'm looking forward to the second movie in the trilogy which is what I hear Disney is going to do, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It looks like Disney has another cash cow trilogy on their hands, The Chronicles of Narnia that is following in the footsteps of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.