Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Amazing how, with all the coldblooded murderers throughout the entire trilogy, including Al Neri (who murdered a police officer to get to Barzini and a callgirl to set up Sen. Geary) and Luca Brasi (who threw a newborn into a furnace [novel] and was prepared to blow out the brains of a bandleader over a contract)...there are several who take on the ridiculous view of JustMe. That Kay is the worst of them all simply because of her abortion.

She did what she felt she had to do. It was a regretable decision...but it freed her from the virtual prison of being a Corleone wife.

And I think it was a damn good bit of drama.
Well, if that is an excuse for murder - they all did what they felt they had to do smile . Al felt he had to kill Barsini's bodyguards (I'm not sure there was a policeman among them) because it freed him from their presence and enabled him to kill Barsini. He had to kill the girl to set up geary. Vito was ready to blow out the brains of a bandleader, because it freed his godson from contract. And murdered Fanucci because it freed him from paying money.
But none of them killed their own children only because they were obliged to sit several months at home for their own safety, or just got sick of their married life with the person they chose with their eyes open.
As to Brasi - here i must agree with you, he did the same. He killed his child because of the hatred he felt to it's mother. I didn't think about him because i thought about movie. Yes, their deeds are equally monstrous, and they will go to hell together.
I wonder, what right might she have to preach morals to Mike after what she did? And she could have no reason to accuse him of Mary's death, it was obviously an accident, but even if he would cut Mary's throat deliberately, she couldn't complaint, they would only be "quits" - as Vito used to say... rolleyes

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.