YES Sues TW
Quote:
NEW YORK - The Yankees Entertainment Sports Network (YES) filed a breach of contract lawsuit on Wednesday against Time Warner Inc.'s Time Warner Cable, claiming they underpaid the network by more than $1.5 million.

In a six-page summons and complaint filed in New York State Supreme Court, the sports and entertainment network alleges that Time Warner Cable had "miscalculated the licensing fees due YES under an Affiliation Agreement" since February 1, 2005.

YES said the agreement in question was dated March 20, 2002, and amended on April 6, 2005.

According to the lawsuit, YES alleges that Time Warner Cable "continues to underpay YES in an amount to be proven at trial but believed to now exceed $1.5 million ... and increasing every month."

YES is also seeking compensatory damages and pre-judgment interest and an amount to be determined to reimburse the network for all its expenses.

Time Warner Cable declined to comment.

Source: Reuters

---

If their service in my local area is any indication, Time-Warner really, really blows. They cut out a number of channels that were on basic or tiered cable and made them premium channels (like the NFL Network), while hiking rates.

I guess Ted's alimony still must have to pay for Hannoi Jane's adventures in her vegetable oil bus.

It makes me glad to have DirecTV.