My crystal ball says "no" to RJ in the Bronx in '08. The Yankees rotation will be getting overcrowded if things play out the way they should...with Phillip Hughes, Jeff Karstens, and Humberto Sanchez all aiming to be in the full-time rotation within the next couple of years. Hopefully Igawa will work out. Mussina is still signed on to 2008, as is Pavano (with a $13 million club option for 2009 that I guarantee won't be picked up unless Pavano suddenly gets down off the cross, walks on water, cures the lepers and makes the blind to see). Barring some trades, the Yanks have an overabundance of young and upcoming pitchers, all of whom have shown great promise towards succeeding at baseball's highest level. Unless Johnson has an INSANE year, he'll probably try to sign on someplace closer to his home, or retire. His price tag (even if he drops his price) combined with his injury risk and declining performance is a bit too high for a 45 year old pitcher.

Clemens, on the other hand, will most likely end up in New York, in my opinion. Not that I want him to - far from it - but I'm still believing that the Yankees have a more secure shot at the playoffs than Boston does. Matsuzaka isn't going to change what was wrong with that franchise last year, and if he flops, is only going to contribute. Julio Lugo will be a welcome asset defensively at shortstop, but couple JD Drew's problems and cancerous attitude issues with Lugo's questionable attitude at times, and multiply that with "Manny being Manny," and you have a potential chemistry downfall.

On the other hand, the Red Sox, on paper, have a solid team, and their rotation will be arguably better than the Yankees, if all plays out correctly with Matsuzaka, Beckett learns how to pitch to AL hitters, and Schilling still can pitch with bloody socks.

Houston is still probably his #1 choice. But I think that with the Yankees adding Pettitte, it gives Clemens a little food for thought. Whether Cashman is willing to rebuild those burnt bridges Roger left when he torched us to go to Houston is another story.

Either way, he's only going to pitch probably from June or July through October, so his golden fleece is still a bit far off from being attained by the Yankees, Red Sox, or the Astros.