Quote:
Why the Yankees are Sick
10:11 AM By Goredosoxfrevr1
PROtrade.com

It has been just reported that the New York Yankees are discussing trading Melky Cabrera to the Pittsburg Pirates for OK reliever Mike Gonzalez. This is just disgusting. Think back to the trading deadline of last year (06).

The Yankees had Hideki Matsui Injured along with Gary Schefield. They did, however, have up-and-coming prospect Melky Cabrera who seemed to be filled with clutch hits and spectacular plays in the outfield. But the Yankees were not happy with having someone like that in their outfield. They wanted to have more. More More More! So they signed Bobby Abreu to a huge deal. Now, on paper, they had 5 suitable outfielders. No problem, just keep the most expensive ones and trade the rest away!

So here we are, the Yankees are using Melky Cabrera as bait. Every team in the MLB would love to get their hands on that future star. But the Yankees don't feel like seeing how he progresses through the Major Leagues. Instead, they just want expensive outfielders, and as many relievers (no matter if they're good or bad) as possible. This is the simple reason the Yankees are sick.

The Media loves the move to use 'The Melk Man' as bait. Are you kidding me? How about the golden rule: Don't Trade Awesome Prospects. Come on Yankee Media. Get with the times. But of course, the Yankees CAN trade away prospects. They CAN sacrafice the future for today. All because they have a rich owner who is willing to hand out $100 million contracts like flyers in NY. The MLB desperatly needs to fix this problem.

Wow. Okay retard. I guess you've never heard of Robinson Cano or Chien-Ming Wang.

Never, ever write an article again. Thanks.

And learn how to spell.

Furthermore, the Yankees didn't "sign Abreu to a huge deal," they took on his huge contract. It wasn't the Yankees who wrote him the big fat paycheck in Philly. In addition, I didn't realize Melky Cabrera could play both right and left fields simultaneously...because the author is claiming the Yanks simply weren't happy with Melky as a replacement for an injured Matsui and "Schefield" [sic].

Who let these people publish on news sites?