Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Then I realized, this is baseball.

This....is the sport..... you've chosen.....u didn't ask....who gave the order(Drayton McLane).....b/c it had nothing..... to do.... w/ baseball!

Probaby not a baseball type decison since Willy has mad skills, but more of a $$$ decision. Don't fret though, Drayton has shown that he's willing to spend it too. That's rare to find in a baseball owner.

Plus,
Roy O is in his prime, and since he's also greatly undersized(his fastball might lack long term career endurance) and since a pitcher's best years can end on a dime (look at Prior and Wood) I think it's safe to say that Drayton will be trying to win THIS yr while Roy is still at his peak. Atleast you can take solice in the fact that the stros' will continue to compete.

Sorry about Willy though kiddo, losing your favorite players is just part of the game now days. Don't take it too hard on the chin though, put some ice(<-- ) on that eye and you'll be ok champ!

[Ice goes to give the ol' ballplayer a patt on her butt.....Gina blocks it with her glove ]

EDIT.....(Sorry ladies, I'm leaving your thread, but ya'll need the business anyway!!! )

Last edited by Ice; 12/16/06 02:41 PM.