Originally Posted By: Snake
BTW, I find it incredible that you say mixing religion and politics is "inappropriate" when every government in the world does so. Entire civilizations have been built with both as cornerstones. That's really an incredible comment.

It doesn't matter how many countries in the world mix religion with politics. We were a country founded under religious tolerance. Our founding fathers believed that the best way to accomplish this tolerance is by maintaining a separation of church and state. Therefore, it is inappropriate to mix religion and politics in the US. As soon as we start crossing that line, it's the gradual start of a theocracy, which contradicts this country's claim of being "land of the free". I'm surprised more of these religious folks don't start fussing when they see what our political leaders do to religion. Mixing religion with politics is like mixing wine with piss. If our land isn't biased enough by the political parties, religious partisanship would be a whole nothing barrier keeping us from achieving success. We don't like our political leaders to be hypocritical, and yet we insist upon them being involved with some type of church, even when we know how unethical people are who come out of Washington.

The day we start contradicting what we've set out to establish is the day I'll flee this nation in search of one with genuine principles.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin