Originally Posted By: Double-J
I'd just prefer the media would shed this image of David v. Goliath in these Red Sox/Yankees battles, where the Red Sox are constantly the hard-luck club that doesn't have money or great players at every position but their camaraderie and fan base drive them forward, while the Evil Empire Yankees use their deep pocketbooks and selfish greed to buy championships, ruining the game of baseball and driving smaller market teams out of business.

Because that's crap, and I think we all recognize it.

Like:

"We can't operate like the Yankees." - Theo Epstein, after the Yankees traded three low-level prospects for Cory Lidle and Bobby Abreu.

Right, because they didn't just spend $51 million for a phone call and another $8-$10 million per year plus incentives on a pitcher who has never started a Major League game.

Cry me a river!

I agree the Red Sox can't presently complain about money, but the rest of us can criticize the uneven playing field.

We just have to wait each year until October when smaller salaried teams with smaller paychecks and egos, but bigger hearts go to NY and and smoke Yanee ass while A-Rod, Giambi, Sheffield and the Unit sit silently in the dugout with a deer in the headlights look.

Last edited by klydon1; 12/14/06 10:27 AM.