Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Ice

Again, the holiday goes back way before Jesus Christ

Interesting. I would love to know more about this. Can you please elaborate? Can you please provide us with some factually written proof or examples?

Note : it is common knowledge throughout the Christian world that december is not the exact birth time of Jesus. But that is not the issue at hand because even if it were in march, we'd still be having this discussion anyway.

Don Cardi

DC I just meant that DEC 25th was a holiday several centuries before JC. People in Germania were riding around in sleighs cutting down poor trees and stealing kisses underneath the mistletoe during the winter month that came to be known as December WAAAAAAY before the Roman church decided to stick Jesus Christ in the holiday. As I said, the holiday was meant to give a prayer for the long winter months ahead and a thanks for another yr survived. I'm not sure which facts you want factually written proof of, this is all encyclopedia.

NOTE: Christmas in March would be a different holiday all togethor. The greatest aspect of Christmas in December is the winter joy, this winter joy in December was celebrated centuries before Christ and I think it would still be celebrated even if there had been no Christ.

Last edited by Ice; 12/13/06 02:18 PM.