[quote=Don Cardi
As for the banner remark, well I don't see that it applies to what we are hoping to accomplish at this point. Those kinds of remarks only provoke the other side into raising some issues against things that have been said and done by the opposing political party faction. And we all know that no matter how much finger pointing or blaming that we do, it accomplishes absolutely nothing. It does not solve the problem, but only flames it.

Don Cardi [/quote]

Fair enough DC, and do not take it as a personal attack on you. It was frustrating for all these years to be howling at the moon about how this war was not handled right and watching our troops die for what may be nothing.

I wish I shared you optimism about our ability to identify and take out the terrorists who stir the pot over there, but they are only a part of the puzzle, and ovberall I dont think taking them out would solve the basic problems.

Your analysis of Rumsfeld and Bush is interesting, but I think Rumsfeld pushed Powell out, and I think he ignored the Generals who told him to go in with half a million troops.

In any case the guy ho really botched it was Bremer by dissolving the Iraqi Army. We shouold have never done the de Baathification thing. Those people would have been loyal to their paychecks, and we could have reformed a standing army from within instead of trying to reinvent one.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."