DC the problem with your argument is that it is not just "the terrorists" who are making trouble for us in Iraq. The faction of the Sunni insurgency which is the remnants of Saddam's army is loosely affiliated with other Sunnis who fear Shiite control. The Shiites who make up the majority of the police and the army are terrorizing the Sunnis, and both sides are playing us aginst the other. The Shiites are also factionalized, but stay united as long as we are there.

There are only about 1500 Al queada in Iraq, and they are responsible for the Mosque bombing and for the killing of 60 people today who were standing in the city at a place where they were looking for work (I thought when we killed that No. 2 Al Queda guy in Iraq this would end). They are also resopnsible for other atrocities, and they are keeping the Sunni-Shiite pot stirred more than it needs to be. But "the terrorists" are not the problem. If we wiped them all out there would still be a civil war, so stop fooling yourself into thinking there is an identifiable "enemy" in Iraq.

We are an occupying army that will not be able to impose democracy on Iraq. There is already pressure on Bush to "pick a winner" and get out, and there are rumors that Bush, who today is meeting with a leading Shiite may well abandon Maliki for a Shiite strongman who will be installed as a dictator. This would give Bush cover to withddraw. Sound familiar?

If it works maybe he could have another aircraft carrier landing with one of those "Mission Accomplished" banners.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."