Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I imagine that if Vito had gone for the deal, Tom would have paid a visit to his counterpart in Tattaglia's organization to confirm that if the deal collapsed, or Sollozzo was arrested, imprisoned, deported or died before Vito started seeing money, the Tattaglias would remit Vito's million. This could have made for a very complex negotiation, with many subplots if GF had gone that way.

Tom - Luigi, you are the consigliere to the Tattaglias, and I'm sure you know why I'm here.

Luigi - Yes, my good friend, Tom. You are here because the Turk was arrested for drug dealing and you are seeking to collect on our guarantee of the million dollars.

Tom - (raising his voice) The Turk was arrested six months ago, and Don Vito didn't think it was something I would have to request. He is upset that the money was not just paid, as a matter of honor.

Luigi - Tom, you know me, and you know the Tattaglia family...when have we ever broken our word?

Tom - That's not the point. Vito has authorized me to collect the million without interest as a sign of respect, but it must be paid by Friday.

Luigi - I'm not sure if....

Tom (interrupting) - I'll make this simple. Don Vito never liked the idea in the first place. He knew about Sollozzo's dealings in Sicily and the two terms he served before he came to New York. Your family was careless in choosing him and he was evenmore careless getting caught the way he did.

Luigi - The Tattaglias are disappointed that Sollozzo's motion to dismiss the charges was denied by the judge.

Tom - We warned you that the judges and politicians would run for cover, and your guarantee came with no strings.

Luigi - The Tattglias, with all due respect, need to consider their options before paying you.

Tom - Word on the street is business is down, that some of your women have left town and some of your houses aren't being maintained. We think you have neglected prostitution because you anticipated easy money from drugs.

Luigi - Salut Mr. Hagen.

Tom - Friday.

Luigi - We need to make arrangements to pay. It is more difficult than you know.

Tom - Then it is because you need to get the word from someone else. Someone like Barzini. Am I right?

Luigi - The Tattaglias guaranteed your money, and you guaranteed to use those judges you had in your pocket. Why is your guarantee less important than ours?

Tom - It is very clear to me now. Your boss is a pimp. Until this day I did not know it was Barzini all along. I will reoprt this to my don. The money is due Friday.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."