Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I'm a born Muslim. Although I've doubts that Jesus was God, I still respect him for being one of the greatest prophets.

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

DC, I celebrate the birth of Messiah, the miracle of God,

Christmas : Celebrating the birth Of Jesus (which is the greek name for Messiah) Christ ( which is the greek word meaning "the annointed one").

Messiah : The redeemer sent by God, the saviour.

How can you clebrate the birth of the Messiah when your religion teaches that your Messiah has not even come yet and that Jesus Christ is NOT the Messiah?

Christians believe that the GIFT that was given to us by GOD was our Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ. Christians believe that he was the miracle given to us by God.

As I've said in several other posts, it's not that I don't approve of your partaking in the celebration of Christmas, (not that you or anyone else needs my apporoval) or celebrating it they way that you want to. What troubles me is that you claim to celebrate Christmas because of it's religious significance "DC I celebrate the birth of Messiah." when you cannot celebrate the religious significance of Christmas because you are of Muslim teachings who has "doubts that Jesus was god," and you look upon him as being just one of the "greatest prophets."

Again, you can celebrate it, as it is your right to celebrate anything or any holy day that YOU want to. I am not disputing that aspect with you.

But my point is that you are a Muslim who has been brought up with Muslim beliefs, so therefore you cannot celebrate Christmas with the same spiritual meaning, or for the same spiritual reasons that a Christian celebrates it. I mean techinically you can, anyone can, but you really don't because you are a Muslim, and it is not what the Muslim faith teaches you or believes in.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.