I'm a born Muslim. I've attended protestant's church. I've had some Jewish friends over my relative's house for the Labor Day BBQ. And I've many atheist friends. I've never been sure what I'm, but one thing I know is that I like a reasonable debate about such issues.

I disagree with you SB. I don't think you've to be a Catholic to fully celebrate the birth of Christ. It is a birthday party, and all are invited. Who's there to say who really celebrates the true meaning of a holiday and who does not? If we don't keep an open mind, is there hope for changes in opinions?

I don't care what the cause for a celebration is, and as long as it is in good spirit, whether it is passing of Hebrews from the Nile River or the birth of Christ, I don't see why people can't truly celebrate it. I don't care if by your measures I don't fully celebrate the birth of Christ, I do it anyway. Although I've doubts that Jesus was God (I've doubts about every single thing I've been told in the context of religion), I still respect him for being one of the greatest prophets. And of course the Passover is the story of good prevailing evil, so myth or fact; it is a celebration for a good cause.

One doesn't need anyone's approval if he celebrates the true meaning of any of these events. I think we need more tolerance, both from those who get offended left and right by the way they are being greeted in such a good spirit, and those who pick on everybody else's way of celebrating holidays, accusing them of commercializing it. Let everyone celebrate however they like it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones