I love how some Yankee fans have this sense of entitlement to them. Pettite left New York, after reliable good seasons and a Yankees organization that took him WAY TOO granted as being a member of the organization.

Besides, like Clemens, he wanted to go back home to Texas. But hey, Astros impotence in runs-production would drive anyone away from home.

Hell, New York Times article about the Pettite signing, had a thing about his kids crying when they heard the news, because they really thought Pettite was going to force them to move back to New York.

Really, these Yankees fans that, perhaps, had just cause in attacking A-Rod's failure in the playoffs, but didn't criticize Jeter and Sheffield for their impotence in the same playoffs. Though, some NYC Paper editorials did trash Jeter, so I can't be too rough honestly.

Really Babe, this is typical. He's reliable, he's of the old guard, and most of all, he's much more of a spiriting boast for the fanbase than any Barry Zito signing can.

Now Irish, you never seem to understand why Zito hasn't been seriously approached by the Yankees. When you hammer a nail, you don't do it sideways or under it, you SLAM IT on the head of the nail.

Fact is, Brian Cashman and the GM Office is just not excited in spending big bucks/long-years worth guaranteed contracts, after they got burned with Pavano. Randy Johnson and earlier debacles like Kevin Brown and Jones don't help either.

If anything, I like what Cashman is doing. The office is investing much more into the farm system. Get that once-plentiful garden sprouting country fair-winning giant pumpkins again! Also, that negotiation with that Japanese pitcher which hasn't gotten serious press coverage. $20+ million negotiation rights bid(though compared to $52 million, 20 isn't anything to write about) is basically, like the re-investment in the farm system, alternative methods of dealing with the pitching situation for the Yankees besides the status quo of big bucks/lengthy contracts on the Free Agent market.

Fact is, if Pettite and Clemens push the Yankees through the Division Round, and who knows, a World Series title after 7 years, I can't wait for you and Irish to go off about it, and I'll bring up this, and laugh my ass off.

Of course, he could tank.