Originally Posted By: SC
I grew up in a "mixed" neighborhood and learned early on the wonders of Christmas. I liked them. I "celebrated" some of the tidings of the Christmas season like gift-giving and decorating my home. Is this the true reason to "celebrate"? No, but as an American exposed to other cultures/religions, etc., I feel totally comfortable in this.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Sorry, SC, I disagree. Yes, I've been to a Seder. But does that mean that I celebrate the true MEANING of the holiday? No. It means that I'm honored to be invited to someone's home to share in a sacred ceremony, and to learn more about a religion different than mine, but that's where it ends, and where it should end, IMHO.

I'm confused here. Looks to me that you both have said the same thing in regards to the respective religions. So where is the dissagreement?

SB, you've been invited to participate in a sader, you are honored to be invited and share in the ceremony, but that does not mean that you celebrate the true meaning of the sader, "that's where it ends."

SC, you also enjoy the tidings of the season, the gift giving, and the wonders fo Christmas, but that does not mean that you are celebrating the true meaning, "that's where it ends."

Nothing wrong with either.

I think that you've both basically have said the same thing.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.