Superman II ****
(Nth Viewing)

Picking up where "Superman: The Movie" left off, three criminals from the planet Krypton are released from the Phantom Zone by a nuclear explosion in space. They descend upon Earth where they could finally rule. Superman, meanwhile, is in love with Lois Lane, who finds out who he really is. Lex Luthor escapes from prison and is determined to destroy Superman by joining forces with the three criminals.

To begin, I realize this movie isn't on the same level as a Raging Bull or a Goodfellas. However, in the realm of comic books, this is one of the greatest of all-time and I felt deserved a 4-star rating. This is easily my favorite Superman and it's probably in my top 3 for greatest comic book movies ever. Does it get any better than Christopher Reeve as the bumbling Clark Kent? However, Terence Stamp really made this movie for me as General Zod with his infamous "Kneel before Zod!" remarks. Sarah Douglas was also enjoyable as well as General Zod's sidekick, Ursa. Other enjoyable elements of this film include: the amount of humor used, Ned Beatty as Otis, Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, and of course Gene Hackman as Mr. Lex Luthor himself.