Ya you are right Kly, but again, before Weis came to ND Bradie was a nobody. Pro scouts rate him high NOW, mostly b/c of his association with Weis. If Ty Willingham was still coaching at ND then Bradie Quinn would not be in our discussion, nor would he be a high draft pick..... But I agree, he has good presence and has had some nice comebacks.

I heard Bob Davie during Saturday night's game talk about him as a top 3 pick. Back in June that was a popular notion, not so much anymore. That makes about as much sense as Colt McCoy being a Heisman candidate. But Bradie has been hyped as the number 1 player since last February. However, I will be very interested to see where he actually goes on draft day.

Remember, college sports is a lot like politics. Certain players and certain universities get to have their names plugged into everyone's consiousness. Schools like ND and Texas are two of the bigger spenders. As a Texas fan it was soooo very funny to see my university pop up on espn commercials, or Colt McCoy for Heisman, or analysts picking them to win it all when they knew it could never happen. Some of that was to hype the OSU-Texas game, but bottom line is that $$$ talks in this sport/business. As for Bradie, I figure next season ND will have YET ANOTHER 'Quinn' that they can hype as the next Joe Montana.

Last edited by Ice; 11/28/06 04:38 AM.