I watched two crappy movies and a good one over the weekend.

War of the Worlds. Directed by Steven Spielberg (2005). This was the most disappointing of the bunch. I always have great expectations when it comes to Spielberg. Well this wasn't the case. I never enjoyed too much sci fi stuff and special effects unless we face a masterpiece as ET was its own way. Well, this time Spielberg gave us a shallow movie - to put it mildly - with no fairy tale. I wonder how much money had to be wasted on such an idiotic thing. Is this the same director of Schindler's list?

Broken Flowers. Directed by Jim Jarmusch (2005). I thought to see Bill Murray in that Lost in translation state of grace once again. All I got was a sleepy movie with no end. The plot idea was not that bad. Too bad it wasn't developped at all.

An unfinished life. Directed by Lasse Hallström (2005)
Good movie with great visuals and top class performances by Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman. Even Jennifer Lopez's acting was tolerable.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)