GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, 1 invisible), 479 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,467
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,951
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 202 of 433 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 432 433
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345233
11/24/06 02:36 AM
11/24/06 02:36 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
if this was Chris Rock we wouldn't have this conversation because the news wouldn't even have fucking reported it.

How do you know?

Besides there is NO insult that a black comedian can make about whites that will ever ever ever come close to the harshness of whites insulting blacks. It wasn't white ppl who were slaves and who used to hang from trees.

What about this are you finding hard to understand?

Last edited by Ice; 11/24/06 02:38 AM.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Ice] #345234
11/24/06 02:41 AM
11/24/06 02:41 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Because I know. There's a video of three black guys beating a white guy to a pulp in a series of street fight videos. If it were three white guys beating a black guy, it would be a field day for a bunch of organizations. It's called a double standard.

And you're right, nothing can come close, because white people aren't allowed to be offended. Oh and by the way buddy, every race has been enslaved at one point. This angers me. Recently a black girl at my school was pissed at me and wanted to "beat me up" because I sarcastically said I felt like a slave when our legs were tied together at a religious retreat to demonstrate team work. Very fun stuff even though what I said was sarcastic and Hebrews in ancient Egypt came to mind when thought of our demonstration.

White people aren't allowed to be offended by another race, period. There's no denying it. A white person can't sue a black person for that. When a white person attacks a black man it's investigated as a hate crime automatically. What the fuck is that? Don't even try to bring something up that would've been relevant decades or more ago, it's un-fucking-believable.

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 11/24/06 02:42 AM.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345255
11/24/06 05:01 AM
11/24/06 05:01 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Why don't you ever let something go? Let go your 9/11 conspiracies maybe? What do I have to let go?

Well one thing you can let go is coming into my threads solely to slander(you generally don't even post actual words). Others may slander in there too but the difference is that they become as eager as 3 yr olds holding their bladder and simply can't resist blurting out historical facts. These contribute to everyone's knowledge. You don't bring sh*t to the party.

And plz understand that if you go to school in American w/ black ppl then you have classmates who's grandparents were strung from trees. This is VERY relevant to this particular conversation and it is certainly not 'unfucking believable' that I bring it up. Especially since ya know......Micheal Richards decided to......'bring it up.'

And these laws you speak of which supposedly prevent white people from 'suing' black ppl for hate crimes? I don't know which laws those are but I can guarantee you they were written by white people. I guess the white law makers who wrote those laws have learned to deal w/ this 'double standard' you speak of, you should too.

-----------------------
(Bring on the fart jokes! )

Last edited by Ice; 11/24/06 05:21 AM.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Ice] #345283
11/24/06 12:11 PM
11/24/06 12:11 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I love how you try to diminish and patronize me as a simple little boy swearing and slandering everyone. I don't bring anything? I bring my opinions and my criticisms, which are written the way they are in this case because I'm pissed off at the situation. I'm honest with myself, I'm not like the handful of members who are here and have been here who make a political persona of themselves in order to look like whatever cliche they want. Whether they want to be the caring Liberal or the revolutionary hippie while in reality they could give a shit. Don't tell me I don't bring anything to this. I remember a while back when I posted a question in a thread about a nun's death I was jumped on and called a heartless terrorist lover for not saying "RIP" like everyone else in the thread, not that they gave a quarter of a shit. They probably forgot the story after a day or two. I'm making my point, your point seems to be forcing a persona of concern which I can't buy, much like your conspiracies. Bush hired the KGB to blow up the WTC, Cheney is raping Santa's elves, whatever. And of course we get the handful of "duh's" like the prisons we keep outside of the country. No secret there.

There is no law against suing a black person, read my post again. If a black kid at school calls me a cracker ass white boy, if anything at all he'd get a detention, and I even doubt that. If I said "ni--er(.*?)" then I'd be suspended with a student hearing with a possibility of expulsion. If I sued that same African American for calling me that it wouldn't make it anywhere. I'd laughed out of the courts.

Again the only reason this is a big deal is the racial issue with African Americans. What about Jewish people? I don't see people bashing anyone making Holacaust jokes.

There's also a lot of people who try hard to be politically correct to the max. The sad fact is, most political truth is politically incorrect.

Last edited by Don Vercetti; 11/24/06 12:18 PM.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345288
11/24/06 12:39 PM
11/24/06 12:39 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Don't tell me I don't bring anything to this.

No no, I said that about my 'conspiracy threads' that for some reason you decided to drag into this particular argument. And I am sooo done w/ this particular argument. Good luck.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Ice] #345290
11/24/06 12:58 PM
11/24/06 12:58 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

It was in response to you telling me to let this debate go if you read back then.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345292
11/24/06 01:14 PM
11/24/06 01:14 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
No, I never told you to let the debate go. But you were bringing up my thoughts about someone's signature and I was not going to let either the member or their signature come into this debate b/c they are not relevant. Discuss the issue all you want, but notice that we are the only ones discussing it. There is a reason for that.
EDIT--(We were discussing) Happy gobble day.

Last edited by Ice; 11/24/06 04:30 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Ice] #345345
11/24/06 08:31 PM
11/24/06 08:31 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

It was relevant to the Richards debate but fine, it looks like no one's changing views.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345350
11/24/06 08:46 PM
11/24/06 08:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
There is no law against suing a black person, read my post again. If a black kid at school calls me a cracker ass white boy, if anything at all he'd get a detention, and I even doubt that. If I said "ni--er(.*?)" then I'd be suspended with a student hearing with a possibility of expulsion. If I sued that same African American for calling me that it wouldn't make it anywhere. I'd laughed out of the courts.

I gotta agree with Vercetti here. It seems that calling a white person cracker is socially acceptable but the N word is not (with both being slurs but white's being held to a double standard).

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Irishman12] #345509
11/25/06 05:18 PM
11/25/06 05:18 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Welcome back Mad Johnny

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: svsg] #345530
11/25/06 06:29 PM
11/25/06 06:29 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Thanks svsg! As part of my re-education, I found Jesus and now I'm back to spread the good news of Christ

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Scarface.1] #345621
11/26/06 03:16 AM
11/26/06 03:16 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #345622
11/26/06 03:28 AM
11/26/06 03:28 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Afs you look so cute in your sleep.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Irishman12] #345632
11/26/06 05:02 AM
11/26/06 05:02 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
There is no law against suing a black person, read my post again. If a black kid at school calls me a cracker ass white boy, if anything at all he'd get a detention, and I even doubt that. If I said "ni**er" then I'd be suspended with a student hearing with a possibility of expulsion. If I sued that same African American for calling me that it wouldn't make it anywhere. I'd laughed out of the courts.

I gotta agree with Vercetti here. It seems that calling a white person cracker is socially acceptable but the N word is not (with both being slurs but white's being held to a double standard).

The particular racial slur against Black-Americans is far more pejorative then the term cracker because Black Americans have suffered extreme indignities throughout American history. The slur was used to show contempt throughout generations where law and custom identified Black Americans as inferior human beings to White Americans. The slur is deeply rooted in a painful and shameful past, unlike the term cracker.

Thus, when Chris Rock or anyone else uses the word cracker, the effect is less traumatic than when Michael Richards, in a room full of people, calls a black man a "ni**er." That vulgarity, which is rooted in hatred and oppression, represents a grim reality that included slave auctions, whippings, segregation, unequal treatment under the law, discrimination in education, housing and employment, poverty and lynchings.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: klydon1] #345741
11/26/06 09:44 AM
11/26/06 09:44 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Then I guess it's how you say it. If Richards had gone, rather sarcastically, "'Sup nigga? Wanna shut up and let me do my show?" it may not have been taken so badly.

The reason I found it so uncomfortable to watch was not particularly racism, but the sheer energy with which he screams the word three times.

Not the word, but the delivery.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #345744
11/26/06 09:58 AM
11/26/06 09:58 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Then I guess it's how you say it. If Richards had gone, rather sarcastically, "'Sup nigga? Wanna shut up and let me do my show?" it may not have been taken so badly.

The reason I found it so uncomfortable to watch was not particularly racism, but the sheer energy with which he screams the word three times.

I agree.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: klydon1] #345745
11/26/06 10:17 AM
11/26/06 10:17 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
There is no law against suing a black person, read my post again. If a black kid at school calls me a cracker ass white boy, if anything at all he'd get a detention, and I even doubt that. If I said "ni**er" then I'd be suspended with a student hearing with a possibility of expulsion. If I sued that same African American for calling me that it wouldn't make it anywhere. I'd laughed out of the courts.

The particular racial slur against Black-Americans is far more pejorative then the term cracker because Black Americans have suffered extreme indignities throughout American history. The slur was used to show contempt throughout generations where law and custom identified Black Americans as inferior human beings to White Americans. The slur is deeply rooted in a painful and shameful past, unlike the term cracker.

Thus, when Chris Rock or anyone else uses the word cracker, the effect is less traumatic than when Michael Richards, in a room full of people, calls a black man a "ni**er." That vulgarity, which is rooted in hatred and oppression, represents a grim reality that included slave auctions, whippings, segregation, unequal treatment under the law, discrimination in education, housing and employment, poverty and lynchings.

But even as Vercetti said, Blacks have not been the only minority who have been oppresed in this country. Granted, there's has probably been to the greatest extent of the word but what about the Irish when they came to America? Were they welcomed with open arms? Or how about the Italians? The Jews? The Chinese? The Japanese? The Mexicans? etc. As Carlos Mencia said, America is like a fraternity and every ethic group has to go through "greek week." Some have and it looks like they will always go through it (Blacks, Jews, etc), while others seem to have overcome it (the Irish, Italians, etc). I'm not saying I agree with this, but that's just what it seems like.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Irishman12] #345746
11/26/06 10:24 AM
11/26/06 10:24 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I don't think double standards should even be part of the discussion here, though. It in no way justifies how he said what he did.

And it also happens to make a mountain out of a molehill. Discuss what you're discussing, but I fail to see the relevance to the Richards thing.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Irishman12] #345748
11/26/06 10:45 AM
11/26/06 10:45 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
[quote=Irishman12
But even as Vercetti said, Blacks have not been the only minority who have been oppresed in this country. Granted, there's has probably been to the greatest extent of the word but what about the Irish when they came to America? Were they welcomed with open arms? Or how about the Italians? The Jews? The Chinese? The Japanese? The Mexicans? etc. As Carlos Mencia said, America is like a fraternity and every ethic group has to go through "greek week." Some have and it looks like they will always go through it (Blacks, Jews, etc), while others seem to have overcome it (the Irish, Italians, etc). I'm not saying I agree with this, but that's just what it seems like. [/quote]

I agree completely that many groups have suffered scorn and discrimination on some level. As an Irish-American, I'm mindful of the phrase, "No Irish Need Apply." However, I sincerely believe that no group can begin to compare their struggles to the plight that engripped African Americans.

While all those other groups came to America of their own accord, Africans were captured, enslaved and sold as property. Even after slavery, they've been segregated under law from the rest of the groups. They've overcome a lot, and have had a lot more to overcome than any other ethnic or minority group in America. They have played and continue to play on a much different field than the rest of us.

My point is that because the racial slurs against Blacks have historically carried implications that they were less than full human beings and are rooted in oppression, their use today is acutely more sensitive and carry a far more sickening impact than the use of other terms.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #345749
11/26/06 10:51 AM
11/26/06 10:51 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

I tend to agree. He would have slid by with that casual phrase and a smile in a comedy club although the use of the word even in that context is a little uncomfortable.. His rage, repeated use of the slur, and his reference to lynchings reflect a venomous intent. What he did was dehumanizing, and I don't give him a lot of slack because it was his stage and he's the performer and should be prepared for hecklers. This reflects on his character.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: klydon1] #345776
11/26/06 11:50 AM
11/26/06 11:50 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Well, you mean Africans who for the most part were sold by their own race to the white people? Sure, I'm not validating slavery, but there isn't one guilty party as well. And besides, I think it's irrelevant bringing up that generation of slaves into the discusssion to modern African Americans. I may be in deep with my culture whether it be white or Italian but if someone is arguing with me with examples of myself from the 16-1800's then I really don't care.

As for Richards, he had no experience on stage. He just started standup and wasn't used to that type of humor. Kenny Kramer even said he should've had more experience with hecklers so he could've manipulated him to be silenced but he didn't, and his ignorance cost him.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: klydon1] #345790
11/26/06 12:30 PM
11/26/06 12:30 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Would someone pass me a crying towel. I am so sick of a one race of people playing the race card, that it makes me sick.

People should stop making excuses over what happened to people hundred of years ago. OH MY, some poor word is keeping us from living our lifes...Horseballs.

Tell that to every superstar who is making millions. It isn't keeping them down now is it.

People shouldn't let a lousy word stop them from living their life. It only stops you if YOU let it.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Vercetti] #345834
11/26/06 02:54 PM
11/26/06 02:54 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Well, you mean Africans who for the most part were sold by their own race to the white people? Sure, I'm not validating slavery, but there isn't one guilty party as well. And besides, I think it's irrelevant bringing up that generation of slaves into the discusssion to modern African Americans. I may be in deep with my culture whether it be white or Italian but if someone is arguing with me with examples of myself from the 16-1800's then I really don't care.

I'm not asking for a pity party, nor am I going back to slavery. My point is merely that when it comes to tossing around racial slurs, the playing field isn't equal, never has been. Hence the sensitivities are different; social stigmatism is different.

As for Richards, he had no experience on stage. He just started standup and wasn't used to that type of humor. Kenny Kramer even said he should've had more experience with hecklers so he could've manipulated him to be silenced but he didn't, and his ignorance cost him.

Experience on stage is irrelevant. Experience as a human being should make it clear that his behavior was unacceptable. His rage, the depth of his vulgarity and the crudeness of his reference to race establish that he wasn't trying to be funny; rather he was trying to inflict pain. His outburst revealed deep seeded hostilities. Now he's scrambling to try to piece together a fading career. Sorry, Cosmo, but you got to sleep in the bed that you made.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: klydon1] #345926
11/26/06 08:51 PM
11/26/06 08:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
As an Irish-American, I'm mindful of the phrase, "No Irish Need Apply."

I have one of those signs somewhere in a box (my family is in the middle of moving) and haven't seen it in years. Thanks for reminding me.

While all those other groups came to America of their own accord, Africans were captured, enslaved and sold as property. Even after slavery, they've been segregated under law from the rest of the groups. They've overcome a lot, and have had a lot more to overcome than any other ethnic or minority group in America. They have played and continue to play on a much different field than the rest of us.

I agree and I believe African-Americans have probably had the hardest struggle to overcome. However, my only beef is the double standard. I have no need or desire to call a black person the N word, but it's just the lack of equality that pisses me off. Blacks can call whites "crackers" and it's suppose to be water off a duck's back, but once you reach into the racial slurs bag, you're cited as a racist/bigot/redneck, etc. I'm very high on equality and being treated equally (which this country was "supposedly" founded on) and it just pisses me off that we STILL don't have it.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: fathersson] #345927
11/26/06 08:54 PM
11/26/06 08:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Would someone pass me a crying towel. I am so sick of a one race of people playing the race card, that it makes me sick.

People should stop making excuses over what happened to people hundred of years ago. OH MY, some poor word is keeping us from living our lifes...Horseballs.

Tell that to every superstar who is making millions. It isn't keeping them down now is it.

People shouldn't let a lousy word stop them from living their life. It only stops you if YOU let it.

Wow, I can't believe I'm writing this, but yes, I ACTUALLY agree with fathersson here. People today are too soft and too easily offended. People complain just to complain today and it's only going to get worse before it's gets better. Everybody is always up in your business and willing to sue someone else at the drop of a hat. What the f*ck is this world coming to!?

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Irishman12] #346014
11/26/06 11:43 PM
11/26/06 11:43 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
And the truth being, one damn race shouts it at the top of their lungs, every damn chance that they can. It is like a fixed response for everything.

Unfortunately they have yelled it so much that many have gotten sick of their shit. They have done more harm in today world for their own people then remembering anything that has happened so long ago. You can only make excuses for so long.

and Irish, maybe if you were right more often in your thinking, then maybe you would agree with me more.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: fathersson] #347541
12/03/06 06:11 PM
12/03/06 06:11 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I love miniature paintings. I love to take their pictures even more.

Attached Files 56-miniature1.jpg57-miniature2.jpg

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #347544
12/03/06 06:14 PM
12/03/06 06:14 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
What is their actual size? You use macro lenses? Any more details?

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: svsg] #347552
12/03/06 06:46 PM
12/03/06 06:46 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Yes, my digital camera has a macro function. Their original size is 8cm x12cm. I set exposure time for shutter to 1/4 with no flash function and ISO level of 400 in a distance of almost 15cm. I managed to get a 2112x2816 pixel shot of them. I've taken many pictures of such paintings in larger scales done on walls, but they need some choppings. I'll post a few when I get time.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: afsaneh77] #347573
12/03/06 08:49 PM
12/03/06 08:49 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Why is it when you are having a really nice dream something wakes you up but when you are having a nightmare you don't wake up? Well it's that way for me at least.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Page 202 of 433 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 432 433

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull