Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Still, Stanley Kubrick has an insane number of "masterpieces" that I would grade 5 stars. DR. STRANGELOVE, 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, THE SHINING, and FULL METAL JACKET. So yeah, he's #1 for me.

Ronnie I think you have to put Kubrick's final masterpiece about secret societies and skullduggery 'Eyes wide shut' on that list.

It is loaded with obvious references to the secret societal world of Freemason symbology, ritual, and philosophy. Including various muscial works from the famous mason Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Mozart's famous 'magic flute'(afs wrote a review of it somewhere) was very revolutionary/unique in that he was one of the first to discuss the philosophies of this famous group. He died early, many think at the hands of his masons, b/c of this exposing piece called 'the magic flute.'

Kubrick too broke the mold with his piece dealing with secret societies(more specifically freemasonry). He uses the typical 'pezzonovante'(politicians, judges, doctors, etc) to represent his masked version of the masons. And of course, Kubrick died suddenly and mysteriously right after the movie was made.

It is a movie I know that I will watch for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Ice; 11/25/06 03:36 AM.