Man On Fire *** 1/2
(Nth Viewing)

In Mexico City, the former CIA assassin and presently an alcoholic decadent man John Creasy (Denzel Washington) is hired by the industrialist Samuel Ramos (Marc Anthony), with the recommendation of his old friend Rayburn (Christopher Walken), to be the bodyguard of his young daughter Pita (Dakota Fanning) and his wife Lisa (Radha Mitchell). Pita changes the behavior of the cold Creasy, making him live and smile again, and he feels a great affection for her. When the girl is kidnapped Creasy swears to kill each one responsible for the abduction.

Just gearing up for Deja Vu later on this week and thought I'd brush up on my Tony Scott a little. It's well documented here my thoughts and feelings about Tony Scott and this particular movie. My second favorite Tony Scott film behind only True Romance. This was Denzel's best performance since either Training Day or Philadelphia. However, Denzel had some competition for scene stealer and that was in 10-year-old Dakota Fanning who seemed to be well beyond her years in this film. Congrats to the both of them and Mr. Scott who put together a fantastic show.