Originally Posted By: J Geoff

But please, that'd be like me saying the Lakewood BlueClaws (which I've mentioned quite a bit actually, the local Single-A Phillies team* -- who won their division crown this year, as a matter of fact, but anyway....) it'd be like me mentioning the Claws and expecting ppl to know who they were...

Truthfully minor league baseball is becoming pretty damn popular. I know that it is almost next to impossible to get good seats to a Brooklyn Cyclones game. They have a very solid fan base, consisting of those fans who never got over the Brooklyn Dodgers moving to California, that show up for every game. And the players don't mind spending time signing autographs for the kids.

Minor league baseball has become an affordable alternative, for many families, to major league baseball.Two summer ago I bought 4 season tickets to the Cyclones and my seats were right behind home plate. It cost me a little over $1300 for 4 season tickets. Most of the Cyclones games are sold out. And this with two Major league baseball teams in the same city.

Several years ago, when the Staten Island Yankees came into existance, I decided to go to my first minor league baseball game. I walked up to the box office and asked the girl to give me four of the best seats available for the game. She looked in the computer and told me that she had four seats, second row directly behind home plate for $40. So I pulled out $160 to give her and she looked at me and started laughing and said. " No, $40 for ALL four of the tickets."

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.