Originally Posted By: Ice
[SC]You two wanna take the pissing contest elsewhere?[/SC]
I think we have multi-sex restrooms here at the BB

Ice, no where in this topic has SC made a post of this kind. Obviously you have taken this quote from another topic, which is something that we try not to do here on the boards. Besides, there is no pissing contest going on here as all we are doing is having a discussion about the interpretation and proper use of the word 'complex' as it applies to Sonny and Fredo.

Originally Posted By: olivant
I still don't understand how repeatedly making mistakes, then regreting them constitutes complexity.

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

Well, I'm not here to actually 'define' the word 'complex'. Just saying that Sonny and Fredo were NOT complex. They were on the whole pretty easy to figure out.

But if you insist...see below from Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: 1com·plex
Pronunciation: 'käm-"pleks
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin complexus totality, from Latin, embrace, from complecti
1 : a whole made up of complicated or interrelated parts (Michael Corleone)

2 a : a group of culture traits relating to a single activity (as hunting), process (as use of flint), or culture unit

b (1): a group of repressed desires and memories that exerts a dominating influence upon the personality (2): an exaggerated reaction to or preoccupation with a subject or situation c : a group of obviously related units of which the degree and nature of the relationship is imperfectly known d : the sum of factors (as symptoms) characterizing a disease or condition

Apple

Well to answer the both of you, there are multiple definitions for the word as the word has many different uses for many different meanings. However I will provide you both with the apllicable definition as it applies to the character personalities that we are talking about here ;

complex - a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person's behavior. an exaggerated reaction to or preoccupation with a subject or situation

Definitions that can apply to a personality like Sonny's.

Complex - the experiencing of affective and emotional states; "she had a feeling of euphoria"; "he had terrible feelings of guilt"

A definition that can apply to a personality like Fredo's.

It's a matter of interpretation and how the individual perceives the personalities of each of these characters.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.