Originally Posted By: Fame
Do you judge ppl on account of the movies they like?
Not so much by the films, but the honesty with which they enjoy those films. You're being very honest in your appreciation of True Lies, but I think, by 'admitting' it is of "lower quality", you're adding an unnecessary confusion to the entire notion of film appreciation. It's not a film which is meant to provoke philosophical thought as much as a Tarkovsky film would. If you appreciate it on its own terms, then it's pretty effective at what it does. But save from a setpiece in which a horse chases a car, I find it of little interest. It adds nothing new.

I won't respond to the Prince of Persia metaphor, because its inclusion is a little vague.

Quote:
Now if I remember correctly, capo, you're quite dandy when it comes to WWE or whatever they call that crap nowadays, and I ask you, do you lower yourself when you watch them "wrestling"
I don't watch it anymore; it's become bloated with too much of a good thing. My former appreciation was in regards to my fascination with spectacle, with the idea of a continuing saga, with all kinds of interweaving relationships. Kind of like a soap opera on steroids...

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 11/18/06 11:12 AM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?