Alright, I agree with you on the first BTTF picture.

Fame, why compare? Just review TROY....TROY the motion picture itself. But whatever, its your review.

TROY (2004) - **

I'm sure Warner Brothers thought they had their own GLADIATOR for 2004. That is, a sand & sandal sword epic based on the Ancient World, that theoratically would be a populist financial box-office hit that would also impale on Oscar night.

The problem is, the GLADIATOR mold had a crack in it, and WB didn't realize that their $140+ million investment was a drippy leak.

What I hate is, you have a great cast stuck in an uninspiring script adaptation of the Homeric legend that is neither willing to accept the emotional tragedy of the saga, nor gulling enough to make for serious token to audiences.

Worse, you get Wolfgang Petersen. God, what happened to that German? Years back, he was a revelation with DAS BOOT, and directed the really good thriller IN THE LINE OF FIRE. Since then, AIR FORCE ONE....THE PERFECT STORM....and TROY. Plus, the super box-office flop dreck POSEIDON.

Shit, look at the cast! Pitt, Bana, O'Toole, Cox, Bloom, Sean "Sharpe!" Bean, Krueger, you name it.

Thing is, Pitt can be a great actor...when he gives a shit. Otherwise, he coasts without bothering much to act. Its the latter that appears in TROY. Cox is one of my personal favorite actors, but he Chews the scenary up like a T-Rex mauls fresh meat. O'Toole was so embarrased with the movie, he disowned the sucker at the official premiere. Bloom is the stiff hackful pretty boy that we have here, before he dramatically improved with KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and the 2nd PIRATES movie.

The only people that escape are Bana, Krueger, and Bean. Well, Bean is always good with whatever is given to him. Bana is alright, and Krueger...nothing wrong.

But really, TROY is such a mediocre movie that despite millions thrown on the big screen, I just don't care anything about what is happening...and this from a mythology buff.