Actually Capo, You misunderstood me.

I simply trust your ratings. Notice how save for a rare occasion, I don't challenge your ratings anymore. I trust your judgement. Besides, its not like some people on these boards (among whom I've met called WORLD TRADE CENTER a "intellectual-thought provoking" movie, and which I've ignored since then) that I don't respect their taste or even logic.

Anyway, you are right in that of that trilogy, BTTF 2 is the most daring film narrative-wise. My problem is with the 3rd Act. While I'm seeing it as very original on Zemeckis and Gale's part, I realize, "wait, I'm watching the first movie again". It must be me.

Besides, the editing pace is just...off. Even Zemeckis admits as much, since he was basically on a fucked-editing schedule in post-production, since he was having to shoot part 3 simultaneously.

However, a good movie.

Now BTTF 3, as I said before in my mini-review I published in this thread, I thought of it as the STAR TREK or DR. WHO episode of the trilogy. Nothing tied in anchor to the original film, but very playful in exploring the time-travel plot fantasy element. Besides, it gave Zemeckis an excuse to finally make a western.

So my question to you Capo is....grade on the first movie?

BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II (1989) - ***
BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III (1990) - ***1/2