Thanks for sharing your favorites, SB and CS - I'd love to go again, but I think it'd take another "student price" to convince me to. My mom was telling me about a woman she and my dad know who works at Houston Grand Opera. She said that the workers used to get free merchandise (such as t-shirts) for every show that was performed there. They decided to stop doing that, but in place of it, they're letting the workers watch a showing of every opera that is played there for free! That's such a nice thing to do on HGO's part, and it must be wonderful to experience such a variety of shows.

SB, your mention of Pagliacci reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about it - something about Kramer trying to scalp the tickets on the street, and I believe it was Crazy Joe Davola who dressed up like the clown in the show. Also, Maynard played a song called Pagliacci, so I wonder if that had anything to do with the opera? Perhaps I need to actually go see it instead of relying on Seinfeld and MF for my knowledge of it.

Mig, love the Blues Brothers! How cute.