Rocco-- I know we (Turnbull included) have speculated about Rocco's possible 'redemption' with his mission to kill Roth. Neri's value might have been replacing Rocco's worth in MIke's eyes and he needed to assure his position w/ MIke. I personally think all involved knew the Roth hit was a suicide mission which is why I ask..... Is Rocco going on this suicide mission to atone for his involvement in the failed Tahoe hit on MIke? First reaction would be to brush it off b/c Mike never gave anyone a second chance. Mike killed his own brother for being a traitor but Fredo offered no value to him, Rocco certainly did. The same theme that Mike encounters in part 1 is driven home all the more by Roth's infamous 'b/c it had nothing to do w/ business' speech. Rocco's treason was business not personal.

1.)At Anthony's communion party Rocco appears to possibly be the man who greets the boat. (possibly not though, but the similarity of the two has come up here many times before.)The boat obviously contains the gunmen or the scene would not be there. Right?
2.)Rocco is certainly one of the usual suspects when discussing the Tahoe hit.
3.)Rocco might have had something to gain if as we(Turnbull)speculated, Neri was the irreplacable one, not Rocco.
4.)'Difficult not impossible' meaning its only possible if you have someone very trusted and someone very good to carry out a suicide mission.
*5.) Rocco is entering in the same deal that Frankie(the other 'traitor') agrees too. Kill themselves, and their families will be taken care of. Mike is shunning Tom for lack of loyalty while Rocco and Mike both eat a orange. Through the sharing of the food they are one, through Rocco dying for the family they are one, Rocco is now one with the family. He will be taken care of, he will redeem himself and redeem his worthiness to the family, 'now will you redeem your self Tom'? What symbolism do you see in this orange sharing????

Do you give any creedence to ANY of this mess w/ Rocco? B/C sometimes I feel as if FFC is slapping us in the face w/ it. If Rocco was involved in the hit they both could have viewed it as 'well we are both 'BUSINESSMEN', and this allowed them to negotiate a business type settlement.

Last edited by Ice; 11/07/06 07:38 PM.