I appreciate the words you stated ronnie but here are my few reasons why I post the way I post:

*WRITING SKILLS - I don't have strong writing skills. I never have and probably never will. I've never been a writer nor do I really care for writing (and YES, this is coming from a MBA student).

*FILM "CRITIC" - For the most part, unless I'm truly passionate about a film (like the Kill Bills, Scarface, Scream, etc) will I REALLY make an effort to write a decent review. I don't consider myself a film critic really. That's why I never wrote the 2 or 3 paragraphs or half-page reviews on movies.

*THIN SKIN - I've tried in the past to have civilazied conversation with "other pominent film critics on BB.Net" but it always seemed that (in not so many words) I was "dumb" or my opinion was "wrong" if I felt a certain way about a film (like X3 or The Fantastic Four) It might not have been their intention to make me feel so or it may very well have been, I don't know for sure.

So in conculsion ronnie, again I appreciate you brining these matters to my attention and I hope that my retort will help you understand better where I am coming from. I'm not as well educated as you and the other "prominent film critics" on this board. I won't lie, I don't either understand or pay as much attention to the lighting, camera work, etc or a film unless it REALLY stands out at me. Likewise, we've already had the debate on whether film is art or entertainment and I feel my opinion on that matter is well documented. I'm one of "those" people, but it takes different strokes to move the world!

Last edited by Irishman12; 11/03/06 01:00 PM.