SC, I do basically agree with you.

FEVER PITCH (**1/2) is basically a baseball geek movie, written by Red Sox fans in the Farrelly Brothers, that which a romance, no matter how expected, is shoe-horned into the middle of it.

In a way, if you took out the romantic storyline, its basically a story about a die-hard fan that has to learn that, believe it or not, there is life outside of Fenway Park. One could even have made it be about a story about all people of all obsessions that overtake way too much of their reality. Not that I condemn such fandoms of sports or whatever, but certainly SC, you know well of who I speak of.

Of course, this isn't an indie small movie. This is a considerable Hollywood-funded production, so instead of possibly a smart little movie about fans, its a chick flick with balls (literally and not of the good kind )

Besides, Jimmy Fallon was always that hack on SNL that was considered to be a major player, yet no one could ever explain why. I still remember when on his last show, they had a "tribute" to his work, and the audience was like half-heartedly into it. I don't blame 'em!

FEVER PITCH isn't a bad movie, but like the 2006 season for your Red Sox SC, its instantly forgettable, and for the better.

P.S. - Hey Irishman, I was going to ask you why SCREAM is a masterpiece (you know, s*it, giggles, civil debate), but what's the point?