Originally Posted By: DE NIRO'S SISTER
hmmm... well.

I don't think that i'd be too jolly about having a teacher like this, however if she maybe took the veil off i'd be much happier. I think that it's there religion and there life, so therefore they can wear it. But there should be some rules, as to where they should wear it for e.g. Not in schools, maybe even public - buses etc.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to wear it in public, in schools or even buses?

If the government of ANY nation were allowed to make rules on these religious matters, they would be one step away from Nazism.

If their religious beliefs require them to wear a berka, then that religious belief should not affect their getting a job as a teacher. That's discrimination as far as I'm concerned.

Just imagine if a government was allowed to tell a Muslim that they are not allowed to wear a berka ( I think I'm saying it correctly) in public. The next thing would be that they would forbid hasidic Jews from walking around in public, and before you know it they'd be telling Christian people that they are not allowed to wear a cross around their neck when in public!

So in my opinion when it comes to religious beliefs and what a religion requires a follower to wear, there is NO difference if your a Hasidic Jew, a Christian or a Muslim.

To quote our late friend Plawrence, allowing the government to intercede and make rules about religion is like taking a walk on "The Slippery Slope."

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.