Great shots SC. The shot of young Vito looking out the window of "Ellis Island" is definetly a superimpose job as JGeoff points out. For the reflection to be correct, Vito would be on Governor's Island, not Ellis Island. The Lady holds the torch in her right hand and she faces Brooklyn. The way the reflection is, Vito would not be in Ellis Island. (but maybe they quarantined him on Governor's Island.) There is another scene when the immigrants pass the Statue on the ship, Mosholu, where they are leaving the harbor, not entering. Again this is based on the Statue holding the torch in the right hand.

A few weeks ago I was in the theatre district with my family. We came upon the Edison Hotel and I looked in the doorway and recognized the same motif as Luca's walk of fame. Of course I was making a big deal about it and embarrassing my family. blush (Here he goes again with that Godfather stuff) rolleyes

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12