MORE "2.5" (GF III if Hagen were alive)

Michael is recovering from his diabetic stroke. He has learned that his son will have his operatic debut in Sicily.
As set forth before, he got the Immobiliare deal done without ever having to go to Italy.

Tom - Mikie, its too dangerous for you to go to Sicily.

Mike - So what am I supposed to do? I'm supposed to hide here like a woman because I am afraid of somebody? I'm supposed to dishonor my only son who already thinks I hate him? Is that your advice?

Tom - Mikie....

Mike - Tom, it may be easy for you. Your kids did not suffer as mine did. You kept all of it contained. You involvement with the family, your mistress...all of it.

Tom - Is this necessary Mike?

Mike - Hiding isn't the answer Tom. I've already made my plans.

Tom - What Mike? Is there anything I can do?

Mike - It's all been arranged through Neri. Some of it you don't need to know about. Some of it I will tell you, because I need your help. Don Tomassino's organization has word that the one pulling the strings in Europe is Lucchese. He is very scared right now because the pope is dying. If he doesnt control the next papal election, and word is he won't, the whole thing is going to collapse around him.

Now all we are gonna do is speed things up. This Pope will outlive Altobello, Lucchese, the Archbishop, and that Swiss Banker.

Tom - Mike, you already control Immobiliare. DOntomassino can provide security in Italy and now you want to get rid of Altobello, an Archbishop and two of Eurpoe's top industrialists?

Mike - You surprise me, Tom. You act as if these people deserve anything more than say, Moe Green or Hyman Roth, who would still be alive if I'd listened to you.

Tom - But if you're found out, there could be a shareholders' revolt in Immobiliare, and trouble with the commission here.

Mike - Tom, my father taught me many things, and one of them was that people who invest their money have no loyalty to anything but a return on their investments. With that in mind, they only care about how much they make, not who is making it for them. As for Altobello, the Comission won't care. For all intents and purposes he died the day Vincent killed Zasa.

Tom - But you said you were upset about that.

Mike - That's what I wanted Vincent and Connie to think.

Tom - So where do I fit in?

Mike - I want you to make this business with Vincent to go away. Now, Connie is pushing him to succeed me, and he's acting like I am half dead and about to turn things over to him. And then there is this business with my daughter.

Tom - Its infatuation. She'll...

Mike - You talk to me about my DAUGHTER? (in full gravel voiced Pacino rant mode)

You talk to me about Mary?
You talk to me about how she grew up without a strong father figure?
You talk to me about how needy Mary is?
Ohhh I hope not, Tom, I hope you arent telling me how my daughter feels....or how she thinks.
Mary is a searcher.
A seeker.
She is looking for something permanent to hold on to, while all the time she is grasping at Vincent who is no more solid than Santino.

Tom - So you want Vincent out of the picture but you want it done in a way that Connie doesnt know, and Mary doesnt turn on you.

Mike - I want Vincent out of the picture before the Opera in Sicily. That's the only thing that can guarantee my safety and the safety of my family.

Tom - How do you want it handled?

Mike - (not irritated, but now using flattery) Tom, you are my older brother. You are as wise and as cunning as Pop. When there was no way anyone could get that Hollywood producer to give the role to Johnny, Pop sent you. He didn't give you any instructions, and you delivered. When we needed to reach out to Frankie Five Angels, who did I choose? Neri? He's muscle. Loyal but not creative. Think about it Tom. Come up with a plan.

TO BE CONTINUED

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."