Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by DonFerro55:
[b] Forever Young

Bob Dylan
There is also a song called forever Young by alphaville- is it the same? [/b][/quote]It could be. I've never heard of this alphaville group, but people like Rod Stewart and other srtists have recorded this song too. That's what dylan did a lot of. Writing songs and having other people record them. I personally like Dylan's versions of his songs the most because of their raw sounding element.

Perfect case in point:
The Byrds "Mr. Tambourine Man" gave the song such a mainstream, poppy sound it ruined it. I hate that song.
Dylan's version, the more vocal, rustic, guitar-harmonica, sound was perfect and remains my favorite Dylan song and remains the true example of how some artists can ruin a good thing. Though I have to give credit to Jimi Hendrix for "All Along the Watchtower", that was quite an exception.

Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.