Originally posted by SC:
Originally posted by olivant:
[b] When you think of it, FFC had Clemenza doing alot in GF I. It was Clemenza who was emphasized at the wedding, who accompanied Sonny out to confront the FBI, who was given the Bonasera job, who came to Sonny's house after Vito was shot, who showed up with Hagen and the detectives at the hospital, and who trained Mike with the gun. Did I miss anything? Some of this emphasis is based on the novel, but still it shows the Corleones' preference for Clemenza.
I wonder how much of this "emphasis" is based on the fact that Richard Castellano (Clemenza) was the highest paid actor in the movie (excepting Brando). Between the two capos I suspect they gave Clemenza more screen time and dialogue because he was more "famous" (than Abe Vigoda who played Tessio). [/b]
Castellano is the man. He lived and died a few blocks from me in North Bergen, NJ. I lived on 78th St, and he lived on 85th St. cool He was also layed out in a friend's funeral home when he died. Unfortunately, I didn't know who he was until after he died.