I agree with DC. Killing Sophia off earlier in the movie would have been beneficial to the acting. It could have happened when enemies of the Corleone family found out she was involved with Vincent or something, so then they would see it as a Corleone weakness.

Overall, when it comes to Part III, it is definitely weak in some aspects, but it completes the GF story somewhat smoothly (in my beliefs). We know where people end up (Hagen dying before the third movie takes place definitely pissed me off).

A mystery which I'm wondering is, what happens to Kay? We know Michael goes on to die on a chair eating an orange, Mary gets shot, Tony sings opera, but what happens to Kay? Does she go on to be a powerful mafia wife as she always was.

Some of the acting makes me wana hurl. The best acting job would takes place at the end of the movie with the silent cry of Michael Corleone. The worst acting by Sophia Coppola, hands down.

Other than the acting, and parts of the story, I think GFIII is alright.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin