Originally posted by Fanucci's Revenge:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
[b] I mean, look at Vito. We see him first as a powerful, loving, wise, lucky man, just as facism seems like a great idea for a government, when all it is, is an idea. But, if you really look into his character, he is a victim.
Moscarelli - with all due respect, I think you are completely wrong about Vito being a victim, after a point.

A victim as a child? Yes. Even up to the point where he loses his job in the grocery store, I can buy the victim routine. But he stopped being a victim the moment he shot Fannuci, or even when him, Tessio, and Clemenza had their dinner discussion of what to do.

After his first murder, he ceased being a victim. [/b]
I agree. At first Vito was a puppet, on a string, his life being controlled by others. And I think that he realized this when Fannuci shakes down Genco's father and causes Vito to lose his job by forcing Mr. Abbandando to hire his ( Fannuci's ) nephew. At that point I believe that Vito said to himslef No More! I no longer will be a puppet, hanging on a string, having my life and my destiny controlled by others. I shall be the one to control my own destiny. I will be the one PULLING the strings and control the lives of others instead.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.