Anthony Corleone gives up law school to become an opera singer, seemingly out of the blue.

Within a very short time of Michael's reluctant approval of this career path, Michael has his diabetic stroke, and during his recovery, at the hospital, Anthony appears with the news that he will be starring in an opera, in Sicily, within a matter of months. There is no evidence that Anthony ever had any formal training as a classical singer. We don't even know whether he spoke Italian (he was educated mostly by Kay, in New England, so it is unlikely).

In the face of this we are expected to believe that in a very short time he was able to learn lyrics, go to Palermo, audition, pass over Lord knows how many people, get the starring role, and return to New York to tell his father the news?

To have accomplished this Anthony would have to be the most gifted natural tenor ever born ----unless----he got some Johnny Fontaine style "help " from the family. Is there any reason to believe he didn't?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."