Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
[b] Only seems to prove my point more...

Solozzo was too dumb to be such a good businessman that Slim claims.
It's not that Sollozo was too dumb to be a business man but more that he was only a piece of the puzzle to pull of such a deal. He may have been the one that had the connections for providing the drugs and could very well have been the good "business man" on that end of the spectrum. But he could NOT go it without the help of Barzini, Tattaglia and The Corleones. Sosa on the other hand was a good all around business man. While he made the deal with Tony, it was more because Tony was there at the time and was willing to move more of the yayo than Frank was. However Sosa didn't need Tony to do business. Sosa was well set up way before Tony came along. Sollozo was not and needed the cooperation of at least Barzini and Corleone in order to get his business off the ground.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
I know...but the point I was trying to make was simply that Solozzo could not take the credit for the Don's shooting, therefore, should not be proof that he was a good business man. The only thing we know about this guy is that he had a successful drug operation, that does not make him a good business man.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci