Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Well I'm a Catholic and I think the thread has PLENTY to do with The Godfather since the opening post compares certain events in a book with corresponding fictional events in GFIII.

The fact that the validity of the book can be argued and that Pope John Paul I was NOT murdered is a side issue.

If you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that this should now be in General Discussion, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book.

That is, if you have anything constructive to add.

Best,
Apple
well the fact that i thought someone stating the catholic church is a corrupt institution can also be argued. your reply is no different than mine. if i was whining by stating my opinion about the discussion, then you are also whining by stating your opinion about my reply. if you would prefer to get back on track instead of simply whining that my opinion is wrong, then it's quite possible to veer the thread back to discussion of the film and how it can be compared to the book. that is, if you have anything constructive to add.

best,

jimmy

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.