Quote:
Originally posted by Junior:
[quote]Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
[b]...but Puzo knew better -- he knew he'd never be able to come close to the original...
That's odd because Puzo is mostly noted as saying that he was never all that proud of The Godfather (as a book). He never liked the fact that he had to stoop to such levels of sex and violance just to sell books. [/b][/quote]I always thought that those words of his applied to the parts where his writing was not that good really. I don't find any reason not to be proud of the rest, though. He dedicated 3 years to give it birth, and I guess all hollywood parts were written in one last night...
It's just that he knew better. Returning to a story once finished will produce only a stretch. He was too smart for that.
Quote:
Originally posted by Junior:
Its the fact that I knew that he was ruining the legacy of the Corleones that made me hurt inside.

I often found myself opening the back cover and looking at his picture, above his biography, swearing at it, as if he would hear me and make the pain go away.
<...>A big part of the flaw was the corruption of the characters...
I'm glad you felt all that, cuz now you may imagine what I feel about GF3 - the same thing ten times!

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.