To say I was disappointed would be to put it mildly. I didn't expect the book to seemlessly take up where Puzo's book left off, but I was shocked by the new story lines and the ignoring of others.

For instance, I expected Frank Pantangelli to be a character and instead was introduced to Fausto Geraci - why?

I expected to see a clear explanation of the attempted hit on Michael at the Tahoe compound - instead there is a veiled reference to bugs planted in Michael's home and Fredo being duped into helping because his cemetery "get rich quick" scam is being ignored.

The Fredo bi-sexuality is a big disappointment, and is also un-called for. Fredo is portrayed in the movie as weak, but any hint of bisexuality is simply not there. In fact, he is nailing cocktail waitresses two at a time, getting them pregnant.

The biggest disappointment is that the project had such potential, but comes off as an amateur attempt at a sequel. I think the outlines that were presented on this board by some of our fellow board members made more sense, and were better thought out.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.