Quote:
Originally posted by DJGodfather:
Svsg -

I have only read the first 12 chapters so others can give more in depth -

But in short they made him a druged up dope addict who cant sing anymore and they say how much Michael does not like him and doesnt care about him etc...

Now we know from the previous Godfathers - they ALWAYS respected Fontane and they loved him, considering he was the Godson to Vito - again the author just makes the characters the way he wanted them and he was just wrong in doing this.
Talk about drugging up old posts...I read this post starting with the line " NOw We know from the previous Godfathers..." Is there more than one book? I ask honestly because I have read the Godfather, and the Godfather returns, and those are the only two that I know about. Now if you are refering to the movies than I can take your post and file it under"Doesn't have a clue." Because the GR is based off the books not the movie. When I had finished reading the first novel I had in my stomach a certein feeling for Mr' Fontane, a dis-taste if you will. I got the impression that while they loved him, and they respected his musical talents, as a man he didn't garner much respect...which I felt that the author protrayed well this time around.

"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."