GFR - unless I really scrolled too quickly, this is no longer in the Amazon Top 100.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there is such a thing as consensus. At first, I felt bad because I found the book a tough read. However, I gained confidence in my instincts as the 'family' started reading it. While we all have our opinions, but the truth is that for those who love the original works, this book is a disappointment. For all the time that I have been on this board (yeah, I know that I do not post too often...) I cannot recall Turnbull or SC ripping something that badly. That is to suggest that if you tick them off to that extent, it must be pretty bad.

At the risk of getting my wrist slapped by our Don, is even worth it to have a section for GFR? If this turned out to be a great classic, I would say -YES, but this thing is tanking. Winegardner is touring the country to promote the book and signing copies as he passes by book stores, but the reality is - this is not a good book. To believe otherwise suggests that one is suffering from CAI - Cranial Anal Insertion (i.e., deep denial).

"People who are not serious, should not be taken seriously"