Dude,

I have read to Chapter 6, and I am thoroughly disgusted with this book.

There are many points I agree with you. Fredo being a bisexual man does not make any sense. So, he might have had a problem with his masculinity, however, his own proclivities of having multiple women would be sufficient for this. In addition, the movie has him with a trophy wife; obviously this is not someone who has a problem with sex.

My main beef (again, I have read up to Chapter 6) is that the Five heads of the Family are not dead. This author has Cuneo and Stracci alive, which Puzo in his book, and in the screenplay and movie show their deaths. He announces that Carlos is dead, (remember the scene....I have settled all family business, Moe Green, Stracci, Cuneo, Tattaglia, Barzini are dead....) and no explanation.

His characterizations of the two Dons in the West, Molinari and Falcone are simple, and ridiculous. Puzo, in his book had them describes as ordinary businessmen, obviously rich, not disrespectful, and interested in the lush profits of the movies. Why would they care about what happens in New York and Chicago?

Seems so silly. If this guy was serious, he should have read everything and studied more of their characters rather than try his hand at writing a silly, convoluted storyline.

I also agree that Puzo's writing is unique. He does not so much describe the scene as much as he discusses what the characters are thinking. Woltz and Hagen discussion over dinner becomes more involved when talking about what each of their thoughts are. Who cares when Hagen, in talking to Shea, the writer describes what the maid wears? A lawyer and an ambassador are discussing business, and this is what they are thinking????

Arggggggghhhhhh